Monday, September 2, 2013

Officially Open!!!

Today was our second official day of business at Snider's Hill Theatre Antique Mall in downtown Hillsboro. We finally got everything set up and displayed the way we imagined. It was definitely stressful yesterday when we were moving everything in! At one point we weren't sure that we could fit in all the pieces that we had planned, but in the end it all worked out.

After getting everything in the space, we then had to decide how to arrange it. I wanted to make sure that everything was easily accessible while also looking aesthetically pleasing. It took a bit of playing around and multiple arrangements until we found a flow that worked just right.

Our main piece that is featured in the space is this shabby chic cabinet/hutch with chicken wire doors. I found an old hutch that I painted with chalk paint and distressed. We've already received several compliments on the piece and have a few interested parties. I'm hoping that the piece goes quickly...however that means that I'll have to refinish one too! It seems that this refinishing furniture hobby will keep me busy - which is fantastic!

Here are the photos from our booth:








Our next project is to add some type of lattice or pallets or something against the stairs so we can hang items from it. I also want to add a few lamps to enhance the lighting in our space as it is a bit dark. I think our items would benefit well from being displayed with soft warm lighting. I have a basket full of vintage linens and doilies - I'm hoping those sell well as I enjoy hunting for those pieces. I know there is a bit of a learning curve to what sells quickly - here's to hoping that we are quick learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment