Friday, December 6, 2013

I love to refinish furniture so it is safe to say that I have a furniture addiction. I am always looking for great pieces to transform, even if I don't need any. The other day I came across this awesome vintage sideboard that I knew would be perfect in my dining room as a buffet/coffee station. The only problem is that I already have a buffet. It was the first refinishing project of mine and I'm pretty proud of it. I love the piece, but have decided that it has served us well in our home and is time to move on to another home. It is painted black with roughed up edges to allow the natural wood to show through. There is also an antiqued glaze over the whole piece, giving it great warmth. I love the hardware too.





I can't wait to refinish my new piece to put in the dining room. I'm still debating on the color choice, but I already found the hardware. Cody and I were driving home from Seattle and we came across a Hobby Lobby, which I've never been to so naturally I had to make a stop! I LOVED it. The place was amazing and there were so many great things! I stocked up on some really cute knobs and can't wait to use them! I'll be starting the sideboard once the weather warms up and I'm able to handle being out in the cold. It is just too cold right now. I currently have a hutch in the works that I will be posting about next week most likely. I also have a few end tables that I will be working on too. The next few weeks should be pretty busy and I can't wait to share my progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment